Venturing is an inclusive program of the Boy Scouts of America for males and females ages 14 to 21 (or 13 and completed the eighth grade).
The Venturing program emphasizes:
• Personal growth
Venturing enables you to:
• Challenge yourself through a program that is fun and full of adventure.
• Acquire specialized skills in the area of your crew’s specialty.
• Experience positive leadership from adult and youth leaders and be given opportunities to take on leadership roles.
• Learn life values through the Scout Oath and Scout Law.
• Give back to your community through meaningful service initiatives.
• Be recognized for your accomplishments through award opportunities.
• Discover and grow in a supportive, caring, and fun environment!
You love exploring your passions, making new friends, and discovering the world. You’re always looking for an adventure, such as:
• Rappelling a cliff
• Perfecting your shot
• Building a robot
• Kayaking into the sunset
• Exploring your faith
• Volunteering at an animal shelter
• Re-enacting living history
• Designing a video game
The choice is yours! Each activity provides an
opportunity to shine and learn more about yourself
and the world around you.
Venturing is youth-led and youth-inspired. You’ll
acquire life skills and gain experiences that will prove
to be valuable regardless of where your future takes
you, all while having a blast!
In Venturing, you can:
• Develop leadership skills
• Earn college scholarships
• Enhance your communication abilities
• Plan your own events and adventures
• Meet people from all around the world